Terms and Conditions
WHAT CAN I PUT IN THE MIXED NON-HAZARDOUS WASTE SKIP?
Skips are general and inert waste such as soil, garden waste, paper, plastics, wood, old furniture etc. Any waste on the list below cannot be placed in a general waste skip. If you do produce any of the following waste please call 01383 723367 to arrange a quotation or to ask for advice.
- Plasterboard By arrangement only
- Clinical/Medical waste Under no circumstances. Call for information
- Asbestos By arrangement only
- Solvents Under no circumstances. Call for information
- Fridges/Freezers By arrangement only
- Liquids Under no circumstances. Call for information
- Tv’s/Monitors/Computers By arrangement only
- Oil Under no circumstances. Call for information
- Fluorescent/Sodium Lamps Under no circumstances. Call for information
- Car Batteries By arrangement only
- Gas Cylinders/Empty Aerosols Under no circumstances. Call for information
- Hazardous/Toxic Materials Under no circumstances. Call for information
- Tyres Under no circumstances. Call for information
- Food Waste Under no circumstances. Call for information
- Solvent Paint cans/Empty Silicone
- Tubes/Adhesive Tubes/Hilti Gun Cartridges Must be cleaned and washed out otherwise solvent based paint tines are hazardous. Call for information
- Large Tree Stumps and Roots By arrangement only
PLACING ANY OF THESE ITEMS IN A GENERAL WASTE SKIP WILL INCUR ADDITIONAL CHARGES
- Any order placed with WM Russell & Sons LTD which takes its vehicles off the public highway will be at the customers own risk, they will accept full responsibility for any consequential damage that may occur to persons, property or vehicles as a result of this.
- WM Russell & Sons LTD will not be liable for any loss or damaged caused by failure to supply, or any delay in support which may be caused directly or indirectly by any circumstances beyond our control, including acts of god, fire, accident, breakdown of machinery, shortage of labour or material or by an act of neglect on the part of the customer.
- The time allowed for loading/unloading is 15 minutes. If the vehicle is kept waiting longer than this WM Russell & Sons LTD reserves the right to charge this waiting time.
- WM Russell & Sons LTD reserves the right to charge the customer for all costs incurred as a result of a cancellation or variation of the whole or a substantial part of an order, together with loss of profit and all other consequential loss.
2 Skip Hire
- Asbestos, Fridges, Freezers, Tv’s/monitors, tyres, florescent/sodium lamps, gas cylinders, plasterboard or any other waste deemed as hazardous by an absolute or mirror entry in the European Waste Catalogue (article 1 (4) of the Hazardous Waste Directive 91/689/EC) must not be placed in the skip container unless by prior written agreement with the company.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that skips are placed on the highway or public places have the permission of the local highway authority and are adequately lit and coned off in accordance with the highways ace 1980. WM Russell & Sons LTD can organise permits at an additional cost to the hirer. The hirer is responsible for any damage caused to a 3rd party by the skip whilst in their care during the hire period.
- The hirer shall ensure that the skip is not overloaded by weight or volume at the point of collection. 8 yard skips should be loaded so that it is filled no higher than the top of its sides. 12yd, 14yd, 16yd, 20 RORO up to 40 RORO are only to be used for light waste or loaded no more than maximum legal road limit for vehicles. WM Russell & Sons LTD reserves the right to refuse to collect overloaded skips and any costs incurred due to unsafe loads/overloading (included wasted journeys) will be passed on to the hirer. Additional charges may be levied. OVERLOADING WILL ALWAYS INCUR EXCESS CHARGES.
- The lighting of fires in or near skips is strictly prohibited. The hirers will be liable for any loss or damage to the skip container (excluding fair wear and tear) during the term of the skip hire period and will be charged the current purchase price of the skip. Once a skip has been placed, it shall not be repositioned without prior consent from WM Russell & Sons LTD. Moving skips on site could result in inability to collect skip.
- Standard hire is 2 weeks. If you require more time, please contact WM Russell & Sons LTD.
- The responsibility for the skip remains with the hirers until collected by WM Russell & Sons LTD vehicle. Any skip which is removed whilst in control of the hirer will be charged at full replacement value.
3 Tipping/Waste Disposal
- WM Russell & Sons LTD are registered with SEPA as a waste carrier, further all landfill or disposal sites are correctly licenced or approved.
- Customers using WM Russell & Sons LTD do so entirely at their own risk. WM Russell & Sons LTD accepts no responsibility for damage or injury of any nature that may occur to persons or vehicles using these sites.
- Vehicles may only use such portions of the sites as are allocated to them.
- Only waste permitted under the waste permit licences or exemptions may be deposited on the sites.
- WM Russell & Sons LTD reserves the right to refuse any materials which it considers to be objectionable or unsuitable for deposit on the company’s sites.
- Material for deposit on our sites will only be accepted from registered waste carriers and must be accompanied by a controlled waste transfer note stating a description of waste (with EWC code) the source of the waste and the details of the waste carrier, including carrier registration number.
4 Sale of Materials
- All materials are sold on the basis that the weight or quantity is stated on the conveyance note. WM Russell & Sons LTD will not accept any responsibility once the load has been discharged and accepted by the onsite signatory.
- Unless expressly agreed in writing WM Russell & Sons LTD prices are for materials as stated on the quotation. Where the customer requires an alteration in the grade or type of material, or where it becomes necessary to supply from another source, an extra charge may be made for any additional costs which may be incurred by WM Russell & Sons LTD.
- Risk in the goods shall pass to the customer on delivery.
- All goods remain the property of WM Russell & Sons LTD until paid in full.
5 Payment Terms
- Account Holders – 30 days from date of invoice or end of the month following delivery (subject to written agreement
- Non-Account Holders – Prior to delivery of skip. The owner accepts major credit/debit cards or cash.
6. Use of Web Site
The information contained on this Web Site is provided by William Russell & Sons Ltd in good faith on an "as is" basis. The information is believed to be accurate and current at the date the information was placed on this Web Site.
No one at William Russell & Sons Ltd, its related bodies corporate, any of their directors, officers, employees, agents, web developers and consultants makes any representation or warranty as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this Web Site (including in relation to any products or services) and none of them accept any responsibility arising in any way (including negligence) for errors in, or omissions from, the information contained on this Web Site. You should make your own enquiries prior to entering into any transaction based on the contents of this Web Site.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, William Russell & Sons Ltd disclaims all representations and warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and anon-infringement. William Russell & Sons Ltd makes no warranty that the Web Site or any products or services advertised on the Web Site will meet your requirements, or that the Web Site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free. Furthermore, to the fullest extent permitted by any applicable law, William Russell & Sons Ltd and its directors, officers, employees, agents and consultants exclude all liability for any loss or damage (including indirect, special or consequential loss or damage) arising from the use of, or reliance on, that information contained on this website, whether or not caused by any negligent act or omission. If any law prohibits the exclusion of such liability, William Russell & Sons Ltd limits its liability to the extent permitted by law, to the re-supply of the information. You expressly acknowledge and agree that William Russell & Sons Ltd does not control other users of this Web Site or the suppliers of goods and services and William Russell & Sons Ltd is therefore not liable for their opinions or their behaviour, including any information or advice provided by them or any defamatory statements made by them or any offensive conduct on their part.
The William Russell & Sons Ltd website has links to other sites. William Russell & Sons Ltd is not responsible for the privacy, information or content of those sites as they are not under the control of William Russell & Sons Ltd. The links to those sites are provided for your convenience only, and are not any express or implied endorsement by William Russell & Sons Ltd, of those sites, or the products and services provided on those sites.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by our from or through this Web Site creates any warranty not expressly made in these Terms and Conditions.
Information on this Web Site has been prepared in accordance with UK law for use in the UK only. This information may not satisfy the laws of any other country. To the extent that it does not satisfy the laws of the country in which you reside or from which you are accessing this Web Site, it is not directed at you and cannot be relied upon by. In any event, if you do rely on the information on this Web Site, then you agree to indemnify William Russell & Sons Ltd for any losses, costs (including legal costs on a solicitor-client basis), expenses or damages William Russell & Sons Ltd may suffer as a consequence of your reliance on the information or content of this Web Site.
If you require more information, please contact us.