WHAT CAN I PUT IN THE MIXED NON-HAZARDOUS WASTE SKIP? Please read and understand before signing
Skips are general and inert waste such as soil, garden waste, paper, plastics, wood, old furniture etc. Any waste on the list below cannot be placed in a general waste skip. If you do produce any of the following waste please call 01383 723367 to arrange a quotation or to ask for advice.
- Plasterboard By arrangement only
- Clinical/Medical waste Under no circumstances. Call for information
- Asbestos By arrangement only
- Solvents Under no circumstances. Call for information
- Fridges/Freezers By arrangement only
- Liquids Under no circumstances. Call for information
- Tv’s/Monitors/Computers By arrangement only
- Oil Under no circumstances. Call for information
- Fluorescent/Sodium Lamps Under no circumstances. Call for information
- Car Batteries By arrangement only
- Gas Cylinders/Empty Aerosols Under no circumstances. Call for information
- Hazardous/Toxic Materials Under no circumstances. Call for information
- Tyres Under no circumstances. Call for information
- Food Waste Under no circumstances. Call for information
- Solvent Paint cans/Empty Silicone
- Tubes/Adhesive Tubes/Hilti Gun Cartridges Must be cleaned and washed out otherwise solvent based paint tines are hazardous. Call for information
- Large Tree Stumps and Roots By arrangement only
PLACING ANY OF THESE ITEMS IN A GENERAL WASTE SKIP WILL INCUR ADDITIONAL CHARGES
Terms and Conditions
- Any order placed with WM Russell & Sons LTD which takes its vehicles off the public highway will be at the customers own risk, they will accept full responsibility for any consequential damage that may occur to persons, property or vehicles as a result of this.
- WM Russell & Sons LTD will not be liable for any loss or damaged caused by failure to supply, or any delay in support which may be caused directly or indirectly by any circumstances beyond our control, including acts of god, fire, accident, breakdown of machinery, shortage of labour or material or by an act of neglect on the part of the customer.
- The time allowed for loading/unloading is 15 minutes. If the vehicle is kept waiting longer than this WM Russell & Sons LTD reserves the right to charge this waiting time.
- WM Russell & Sons LTD reserves the right to charge the customer for all costs incurred as a result of a cancellation or variation of the whole or a substantial part of an order, together with loss of profit and all other consequential loss.
2 Skip Hire
- Asbestos, Fridges, Freezers, Tv’s/monitors, tyres, florescent/sodium lamps, gas cylinders, plasterboard or any other waste deemed as hazardous by an absolute or mirror entry in the European Waste Catalogue (article 1 (4) of the Hazardous Waste Directive 91/689/EC) must not be placed in the skip container unless by prior written agreement with the company.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that skips are placed on the highway or public places have the permission of the local highway authority and are adequately lit and coned off in accordance with the highways ace 1980. WM Russell & Sons LTD can organise permits at an additional cost to the hirer. The hirer is responsible for any damage caused to a 3rd party by the skip whilst in their care during the hire period.
- The hirer shall ensure that the skip is not overloaded by weight or volume at the point of collection. 8 yard skips should be loaded so that it is filled no higher than the top of its sides. 12yd, 14yd, 16yd, 20 RORO up to 40 RORO are only to be used for light waste or loaded no more than maximum legal road limit for vehicles. WM Russell & Sons LTD reserves the right to refuse to collect overloaded skips and any costs incurred due to unsafe loads/overloading (included wasted journeys) will be passed on to the hirer. Additional charges may be levied. OVERLOADING WILL ALWAYS INCUR EXCESS CHARGES.
- The lighting of fires in or near skips is strictly prohibited. The hirers will be liable for any loss or damage to the skip container (excluding fair wear and tear) during the term of the skip hire period and will be charged the current purchase price of the skip. Once a skip has been placed, it shall not be repositioned without prior consent from WM Russell & Sons LTD. Moving skips on site could result in inability to collect skip.
- Standard hire is 2 weeks. If you require more time, please contact WM Russell & Sons LTD.
- The responsibility for the skip remains with the hirers until collected by WM Russell & Sons LTD vehicle. Any skip which is removed whilst in control of the hirer will be charged at full replacement value.
3 Tipping/Waste Disposal
- WM Russell & Sons LTD are registered with SEPA as a waste carrier, further all landfill or disposal sites are correctly licenced or approved.
- Customers using WM Russell & Sons LTD do so entirely at their own risk. WM Russell & Sons LTD accepts no responsibility for damage or injury of any nature that may occur to persons or vehicles using these sites.
- Vehicles may only use such portions of the sites as are allocated to them.
- Only waste permitted under the waste permit licences or exemptions may be deposited on the sites.
- WM Russell & Sons LTD reserves the right to refuse any materials which it considers to be objectionable or unsuitable for deposit on the company’s sites.
- Material for deposit on our sites will only be accepted from registered waste carriers and must be accompanied by a controlled waste transfer note stating a description of waste (with EWC code) the source of the waste and the details of the waste carrier, including carrier registration number.
4 Sale of Materials
- All materials are sold on the basis that the weight or quantity is stated on the conveyance note. WM Russell & Sons LTD will not accept any responsibility once the load has been discharged and accepted by the onsite signatory.
- Unless expressly agreed in writing WM Russell & Sons LTD prices are for materials as stated on the quotation. Where the customer requires an alteration in the grade or type of material, or where it becomes necessary to supply from another source, an extra charge may be made for any additional costs which may be incurred by WM Russell & Sons LTD.
- Risk in the goods shall pass to the customer on delivery.
- All goods remain the property of WM Russell & Sons LTD until paid in full.
5 Payment Terms
- Account Holders – 30 days from date of invoice or end of the month following delivery (subject to written agreement
- Non-Account Holders – Prior to delivery of skip. The owner accepts major credit/debit cards or cash.